Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Yay

gogo blog!

As the title suggests, I am an actor. And no, I'm probably not in anything you've seen. I suppose a cynic would say that makes me an aspiring actor, which I'm ok with too. Currently, I'm living in New York City - moved here from Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) in 2001 for theater school (AMDA - the American Musical and Dramatic Academy).

The title of the blog (for those wondering) is shamelessly stolen from a Douglas Coupland book, Microserfs. I recommend it to anyone looking for an interesting read; he's one of my favorite authors because a) he has a great ear for dialogue, and b) he speaks for a lot of Generation X (which is actually a little bit older than me, I think) - specifically, the loss of direction that typifies many of the people who grew up in that generation and in the years since then. But where an author like Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club, Choke) turns those feelings into dark commentary, Coupland's tends to be more on the reflective side, with a lighter ultimate message. That's not to say Palahniuk isn't good in his own right; his writing is excellent as well, but I'm a bit more familiar with Coupland's.

Plus, Actor Club sounds like either a bad high school drama group or a John Hughes spoof.

No comments: