Monday, August 01, 2005

Back to civilization

Yes, finally back in New York. I'd been away so long I actually forgot the code to get in the front door (there's a security panel that lets you buzz the apartment if you're delivering something, or you can tap in a code and the door unlocks). Luckily, another tenant was coming in and I just slipped in behind them. I've started cleaning out the piles of papers and things that had accumulated in my room; another few days of tossing out trash and it should look decent in here. Stopped by the network and caught the last episode of Morty's, as well as snagging the other two episodes on dvd - they're probably the best we've done yet. That tends to be pretty typical for sitcoms, I think; the first season is an odd mash of episodes that have moments, but on the whole are not as good as the series can be if it continues, and has the necessary talent. Most of the first seasons of great sitcoms I've watched have been eminently forgettable. Not that I rank Morty's with those shows necessarily, it's just an observation about sitcoms.

No comments: