Thursday, August 04, 2005

The greatest invention of all time...

...is air conditioning. Well, to be a bit more precise, it's climate control, as indoor heating is pretty goddamn sweet in the winter. But right now, air conditioning is king, as I've finally buckled under and bought a unit for my room.

As for why I spent so long without one, I think the biggest reason is because I have a roommate who's the best friend I have here, and she's...well, not the richest person in the world. I, being relatively well off, didn't want to flaunt it or anything, so I decided that as long as she didn't have one, I could live without one too.

I don't mean to say I decided as in I actively thought about it, it was a bit unconscious and it's only now, when I bought a unit and was thinking about why I hadn't bought one yet that I hit on that reason. Anyways.

So now I have air conditioning and life is good again. I also finally got in touch with a certain someone who I'd love to date and get to know...but I'm not quite sure if I'm getting blown off or not. She says she's busy, which I can completely understand, but at the same time...does it really take all that much time to have coffee or a drink with someone? I mean, if you were interested in someone and they asked you out for a drink, couldn't you make the time?

I don't know. I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to dating in general. I just hate that you can't be straight up with people, that you always have to wonder what people mean when they say they're busy. That you can't just say, "Hey, I'm really really REALLY attracted to you and hope you are to me, but if you're not, please just say so so I can get on with things and stop wasting our time." Not that I'm not getting on with things anyways, because you can't (or shouldn't, at least) make your own happiness contingent on having someone in your life. If you can't be happy alone, you can't be happy in a relationship. No, I just hate checking my mail and hoping there's going to be something from her and seeing nothing.

No comments: