Thursday, September 15, 2005

Another month, another post

Working through the dog days of summer now...last couple of days have been disgustingly hot and humid.

Morty's will be continuing soon; Jimbo somehow ended up on the Apple site. I don't know how. Here's a few more links I've been surfing lately. The first webcomic...I think I got the link off of MacHall, and the Iraq one I actually got from one of my classes. It's so difficult to know what's really going on there, since no media can or will tell you what it's like. I guess those blogs could be being written with the express purpose of deceiving everyone who reads them, but let's hope they're not. Well, in a way that might be nice, because it would mean things over there aren't that shitty. But I'm pretty sure they are.

I've been thinking about whether or not to put this in this entry, because it seems like I always get way too excited about things like this way too early and they turn out to be nothing and I'm upset again. But anyways, I've sort of kind of met someone, though I'm getting sort of a weird vibe from her. It was good at first, but I honestly think I might have scared her off.

On some level, I know I should calm down when it comes to relationships. But I can't (is that won't?). When I meet someone and I like them, I want to be with them a lot. Is that so wrong? Apparently. I guess when (if?) it happens right, that won't be an issue. I feel like there's a lot I'm missing out on by being so crazy. But I don't know how to be anything but myself.

I always feel like when she asks me questions, I answer in the worst possible way. Not to say that I lie, I'm always honest, but I feel like I only say part of the truth to her. Like the other day, she asked me what I wanted out of a relationship. I thought about it for a bit, and said I wanted someone to love, who would love me back. Which is true. What I DIDN'T say, and what upset me afterwards when I thought about it was that I'm not LOOKING for that...if it happens, it happens. Until it happens, I'm perfectly happy to hang out, to have some laughs and some good times and, yes, generally make out and/or be intimate. But now I can't go back and SAY that to her (or can I?).

Anyways, shit like that is why I think I might have scared her off. We'll see, I guess. Fuck it.

No comments: