Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oh My Sainted Aunt

1. The Rebel Sell: Why the culture can't be jammed, Joseph Heath & Andrew Potter
2. The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
3. Rabbit, Run, John Updike
4. Everything is Illuminated, Jonathan Safran Foer
5. Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser
6. Middlemarch, George Eliot
7. The Code of the Woosters, P. G. Wodehouse
8. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

Code of the Woosters was everything I had been expecting it to be: an airy, fluffy, fun book, possibly made even more enjoyable because I've seen Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry's version of Jeeves and Wooster, and being able to hear them as the characters added a whole other level of enjoyment. It's the sort of book which some people would probably see as silly and pointless, but I say those people should get their h. out of their a. and not be such insufferable prats.

The Alchemist was a book that my dad tossed into my reading pile, so I'm both wary and interested. He's never given me anything bad, he's just an odd dude when it comes to taste in books (and in general, come to think of it). I suppose I inherit that from him, so I shouldn't comment.

No comments: