Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bridge to What-the-Fuck?

Just got in from Bridge to Terabithia. Honestly, it is possibly one of the most disturbing films (and thus, books) I've ever seen marketed to children. I'm probably going to check out the book at some time, just to know exactly how it's dealt with there, but...damn. There is certainly a niche there, but as a mass marketed tale? I honestly don't know.

About halfway through, I found myself thinking that all those kids in the movie (or perhaps just the chosen one or two) will soon become the next generation of Lindsay Lohans and Hilary Duffs. I found that quite sad.

Zooey Deschanel is also in it (though somewhat of a superfluous, cardboard character; I wouldn't be surprised to find that she doesn't exist in the book), and, as someone pointed out to me recently, she's really quite pretty. Or cute. Or hot. Or whatever you want to call it.

No comments: