Friday, July 21, 2006

Bamf

1. The Complete Poems, Anne Sexton
2. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
4. Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
5. Sideways, Rex Pickett
6. The Shipping News, Annie Proulx
7. Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory
8. Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
9. The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
10. To The Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
11. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. A Thousand Years of Good Prayers, Yiyun Li
13. interpreter of maladies, Jhumpa Lahiri
14. The Neverending Story, Michael Ende
15. Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf
16. Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami
17. Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
18. The Lexus and the Olive Tree, Thomas Friedman
19. The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell
20. the namesake, Jhumpa Lahiri
21. Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
22. seven types of ambiguity, Eliot Perlman
23. Unhooked Generation, Jillian Straus
24. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins
25. The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
26. This Book Will Save Your Life, A. M. Homes
27. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce
28. Youth in Revolt, C.D. Payne
29. jPod, Douglas Coupland
30. The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge, Rainer Maria Rilke
31. History of the Peloponnesian War, Thucydides

Maybe it is time to give up on the Greeks. Glancing over my booklist for the year, it occurs to me (well, more like it's reinforced in my head): I'm an odd guy. I mean, what a weird collection of books. A week ago I had two roommates comment on my taste in music, one saying it was straight up weird (leading to a friendly discussion which ended with a defensive, "Just because I say it's weird doesn't mean it's bad, I'm not trying to insult you," to which I replied, "Then maybe you shouldn't call me weird."), and the other asking how I knew what to listen to. That I interpreted as a, "How do you find the bands you listen to?" question, but in retrospect she could have meant, "How do you pick something to listen to, based on all the random crap I've heard you listening to in the past?"

2 comments:

pookalu said...

seriously, how long are you going to stay on that book? move on! if you continue to post your reading list with the same book you're stuck on, i'm going to start sending you annoying comments.

read another book!

Actorserf said...

Screw you man, you ain't the boss of me!

Besides, how did the Peloponnesian War end? And how does that ending affect us today? I MUST KNOW.