Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Improv Where?

Improv Everywhere! Caught a link to the Best Buy mission on a news site and was immediately entranced/amused. Haven't really had the time to look through many, but every one of their missions looks fun. As a U2 fan myself, I definitely appreciated this one, though I wish they had video of it up. It does kind of suck that cops are frequently called in, but it's understandable.

I noticed off their FAQ that the core of people met at a UCB Improv class; I'm thinking I really need to get my ass into one of those, as I've heard nothing but good things about them. Unfortunately - you guessed it - I have no money.

2 comments:

Actorserf said...

Yeah, that one was pretty good, along with Look Up More and the two hypnotist ones.

ACG said...

I just don't like their stunts that force unwilling people to be involved.
There was a birthday stunt where the kid they pulled it on was having a lot of issues, he was new to the city and was just trying to get his shit together. He tried a number of times to remove himself from the situation, he was having a hard time dealing with it mentally, but Improv Everywhere would not let this confused and upset guy leave.
That was just mean... they have to recognize that there may be factors in someone's life or conditions they are unaware of, and have to be respectful if people do not wish to be involved.