Sunday, May 14, 2006

Waking Life

I woke up today
and wanted nothing more than to crawl inside your skin
and hold you close.
To devour you and store you for the winter
While I hibernate
Burrowing closer and closer to your heart.

The music of our fingers
Entwined
Harmonizing
Dissonant
Resolving
In unison.
Sotto
sotto voce.

You're gone but you remain
I have my memories to sustain me
through the long, bright night.
The moon was shining
a bright pink glow
And we were dancing
(oh, how we danced, with my head in your lap)
while the world stood still
and summer nights drifted by.
Did I ever tell you how selfish you make me?
I took your drawings and made them tattoos
you'd think they were lame
but they're not
(I swear)
they're scratch-and-sniff;
this one smells like root beer, that one like peanut butter.
The creamy kind.
Of course.

My music is stuck on repeat
"Do you realize?"
D y r l z ?
o ou ea i e?
Salagadoo la menchickaboo
Bibbity bobbity boo
And all that jazz.

Here endeth the lesson.

No comments: