Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hail Poetry!

Well, I'm not normally one to write poetry, but the other day I was sitting in class and a phrase kept drumming through my head, so I wrote it down...and then everything else that came afterwards.

I have walked alone
to find your face
to feel your eyes

Swirling eddies
Mist-covered lakes.
They clear,
I am found

The mutterings around me
Mouthings that pass by
Rolling overhead;dragging me under.
But I surface
Again
And again

Where are you hiding?
In the forests of my memory
Weaving in and out of the trees
Always ahead, never behind and never beside.
I hear your smile in the breezes
Sighing to the river

The forest ends.
You are lost.
I am found.

I don't flatter myself by thinking it's good; actually, it's probably quite crap. But it's mine, so there it is.

No comments: