Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Oops

So one of my roommates, Sara, apparently was proposed to by the guy she'd been dating for a while (a year or so? Beats me) and is now engaged.

No, that's not the oops.

The oops is that when she TOLD me (and showed me the ring) I thought it was like...some kind of a joke? Like she'd gotten the ring in a box of Cracker Jack and was being cute or something. So I think in response to her telling me that she was engaged, I kinda chuckled. Or maybe I smirked. God, I don't remember what I did (and I'm certainly not going to ASK her), but I'm pretty sure it was to the typical engagement congratulatory display what Danielle Steel is to J. R. R. Tolkien.

Now I'm stuck in a bit of a quandary...do I apologize? Or is it too late? I think it's a bit too late now. Maybe my reaction wasn't that bad, maybe it was acceptable. I mean, she didn't look PISSED...but then maybe she was just hiding it. Beats me.

So yeah...oops.

No comments: