Monday, November 21, 2005

More Pomes!

There's just something about this class that bores the crap out of me. Well, I'm not really bored, it's just that I can keep pretty good track of the conversation and not really have to think all that much. Hm...now that I think about it, I'm probably not keeping the best tabs on the conversation, but oh well.

Blackboard
Currents of grey on a scorched field
Swirling and swooping, zigging and zagging.
How many facts could they tell us?
How many layers of thought, scrubbed away and written on top of one another,
Each replacing each: marching lemmings

But tonight you are pristine
A fresh-faced ingenue ready to sing a song of
Fears
Aspirations
Ideas
Loves
Expectations
Dreams.
Come into the light.
I will listen.

Coat Rack
Staggered hooks,
Footsteps in the snow.
Three coats in a line.
Grey. Blue. Orange.
Hanging; cold and motionless marionettes.
A bag, straining to touch the ground,
Bursting with hidden treasures.
An umbrella lounging lengthwise:
A woman in black, waiting to be taken out for a night on the town.

The titles suck, but that's what the poems are about, so bite me. I actually have the germ of an idea for another one that hit me as I was coming home, but I haven't written anything down yet...just an idea I'm probably going to work on for the next little bit.

I know, I can hear your breathless anticipation. But sooth! How can I hear it if it's breathless? HOW ZEN.

No comments: