Sunday, January 15, 2006

Horoscope Fun

I have somewhat of an odd relationship with astrology. I do enjoy it, it's a fun little pasttime and it can be neat to get to know people and try to guess their signs. I'm somewhat wary of taking it too seriously though, as I'd hate to become one of those mealy mouthed morons who insists on not going to a movie because of an odd conjuction between Saturn and Pluto that spells bad luck for outings.

I do enjoy reading my horoscope though. I don't think I'd ever not do something because my horoscope said so, but I have and would do things if something was suggested. Nothing crazy, but sometimes (as is the intent with the odd phrasings used), things in the horoscopes do speak to me, and I'm open to acting upon that. Sometimes all you need is a good kick in the ass, right?

I think the best way to sum up astrology was in the intro of a book I read, and I forget which one it was offhand. But the person said, if the journey of life is all about finding out who you are, and if reading some fluffy astrology profile opens your eyes up to 1% of yourself that you might not have noticed otherwise, then astrology is worthwhile. I don't think it's about making excuses, or saying the planets are to blame for your shortcomings. I think the point of knowing where your faults lie is that you can try to correct them. Sure, you might not be able to - no-one's perfect. But you can try, can't you? And if you fail, you can apologize.

Anyways, the point of this rambly post (I'm a little hungry too, so I think my mind is a bit unfocused) is that I wanted to paste up my horoscope for the day, because I've been kicking it around in my head for a bit:

If you had been hankering for more passion, the past few weeks no doubt assuaged your appetites! But you must admit that much of what happened escaped your understanding and control. What you need now is a little transition period to assimilate your new feelings. And that's what you'll be getting as of today. Continue to assert yourself forcefully, but maintain your spontaneity!


Interesting.

No comments: