Friday, January 20, 2006

Wictory!

1. The Complete Poems, Anne Sexton
2. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
4. Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
5. The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
6. Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory
7. Sideways, Rex Pickett

Really enjoyed Kafka, thinking I'm going to try to pick up some more of Murakami's stuff. In general I find there's a subtle difference between Asian and western fiction; a difference in the tone of the narrators, similar to the difference between Asian and western aesthetics, which I suppose aren't all that subtle. I'm also thinking I should maybe buckle down and finish Morte D'Arthur and the Sonnets so they don't stay on this list until 2007, especially since school is starting next week and my leisure reading will slow down.

Other than that, nothing new. Have a shoot at the network on the 31st and that's it on that front for now. Have a couple images and scattered thoughts I could try to massage into something interesting, we'll see how that goes. It hasn't really been flowing well, which is why I haven't posted any of it, but as with all art, you're not always going to feel inspired; as Rodin said, "Travailler, rien que travailler."

No comments: