Friday, January 13, 2006

Laura Bush is Delusional

And I'm not even talking about her choice of husband. Check it out:
Laura Bush predicted on Friday that the United States soon will have a female president - a Republican, and maybe even Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. "I think it will happen for sure," Mrs. Bush said about a woman in the Oval Office.

She made the comment in a CNN interview broadcast on Friday, the day before she leaves for Liberia to attend the inauguration of the first female president in Africa.

"I think it will happen probably in the next few terms of the presidency in the United States," Mrs. Bush said.

Man, there are so many things wrong with that statement. Let's see. A female presidential candidate? Who's it going to be, Jeanine Pirro? And then, assuming said woman gets through the preliminaries for either party, a female president? I'd be even more surprised if that happened in my lifetime. And THEN, to top it all off, she suggests Condoleezza? A minority female Republican president? Has Laura been partying it up with her daughters lately? Is she trying to deflect attention from her husband by saying the most ludicrous shit she can think of? Because if she really thinks that stuff is true...wow. Just...wow.

I'd like to be clear and state that I have no problem with a woman being president. Whoever's best for the job should get it. I do, however, think a lot of America would have a problem with it, no matter how they would rationalize voting for the other candidate. It might be amusing if it ended up being Condoleezza-Hilary in 2008, but that's not going to happen. And I hate to say this because he says some really kooky shit sometimes, but Michael Moore is totally right in saying the only woman alive today who has any chance of being president is Oprah.

I mean, seriously. Wouldn't YOU vote for her? I know I would. Well, if I could. Sigh.

No comments: