Saturday, February 04, 2006

Adventures in Dining

An interesting/irritating thing I noticed last night that's happened to me a few times out here (I don't think it ever happened to me back in Canada): every now and then when I'm out with someone, the server doesn't pay any attention to me.

What I mean by this is when they stop by and ask if we want anything, they don't even so much as glance in my direction. Last night I was out with a friend, and she asks the server for another drink, and I'm tryin to get her attention so I can get another as well, but she just whirls and scurries off to the kitchen. What the fuck is that? If anything, it's just making more work, because then she brings out the one drink, turns to me and goes, "Did you want anything?" and I was going to say no because I was irritated and the moment had passed but then I was like, fuck that, and ordered another anyways.

I know, go me. Fight the power!

Come to think of it, this only tends to happen to me when I'm out with cute girls, though the sex of the server hasn't mattered. Maybe I need uglier friends.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, I totally haven't bought anything off iTunes today. Yet.

No comments: