Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Bookless Once More

1. The Complete Poems, Anne Sexton
2. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
4. Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
5. Sideways, Rex Pickett
6. The Shipping News, Annie Proulx
7. Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory
8. Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
9. The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
10. To The Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
11. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. A Thousand Years of Good Prayers, Yiyun Li

Couldn't get to sleep last night, so I stayed up and finished it. It was fantastic, though the overall tone was, again, kinda sad. I feel like everything I've read lately has been on the sad side; I could probably use something happy and/or fluffy to break that up. Was looking at a couple Dalai Lama books yesterday; maybe one of those, though as non-fiction I'm not really sure if they qualify for the list or not. However, seeing as how this is my list, I'll say it does.

On a completely unrelated note, when the hell did postage rates go up? Suddenly it's 39 cents to send a letter, and since I can't be fucked to go get 2 cent stamps (do they even exist? I'm sure there must be some smaller denomination I could go get and which I probably should, but the stamps are already on the envelope and oh-my-God-I'm-totally-getting-ahead-of-the-story-here) I've got 2 37 cent stamps sitting on the stuff I need to send. What a waste. Damn the man!

No comments: