Sunday, February 12, 2006

Clerks

Between yesterday and today I've been on a weird 90s kick; playing lotsa Pearl Jam and such, would have watched Empire Records if I had it but I don't so I settled on the Special Features disc of Clerks X (the recent 10 year anniversary edition).

It's inspiring to find out that the actors involved all auditioned and had been active at the local community theater at the time of their casting; that they all shot the movie between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am while working day jobs to pay their bills. Sometimes as you're working, it's hard to stay committed and focused on going to all the piddly productions that crop up along the way, and doing your work. Obviously if the script is poor you can tell the film probably isn't going anywhere, but if it's a good script, you never know what might happen.

On that note, Morty's begins shooting season 2 this week and next, so I'm going to be bombed and busy. It's been a while since I've been on this schedule so it'll be nice. Already recorded a couple assorted bits in studio (I feel a bit funny calling it that since it's an office, but whatever) and I've had the scripts for a week or two now; I think this season is gonna be good.

No comments: