Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Just Had the Most Fucked Up Dream

I can never remember dreams, so I'm going to type this out as fast as I can before it all fades. I've been falling in and out of sleep for the past few hours and this time I started dreaming and I was in a bedroom with a statue on the bed, a statue that had its palms raised to the sky with a beaded little thingie running between them. I took the statue off the bed and placed it on the table, but the beaded thing fell off the hands. And suddenly I felt a premonition, a thought that whoever owned that statue, whatever god it was supposed to represent, was angry and would be seeking retribution. But then the thought occurred to me that I was dreaming, that it was all a dream, so if I woke up it would all be fine.

I wake up and it's dimly lit. For some reason I can't seem to move. I struggle a bit, trying to move my limbs. There is someone next to me, who kind of rolls over and says, "What is it?" I try to respond but I can't breathe, there's something pushing into my mouth, something actually in my mouth, and I'm trying to breathe and speak but I can't, I can't, and I realize the person next to me isn't a person, it's this insubstantial projection, and they're saying, "Just relax, just relax," when that is the last thing I want to do. I panic, I don't know what else to do, I'm trying to get my limbs to actually fucking DO something, and they finally do.

They rip the bedsheets out of my mouth as I wake up.

See, I had them kind of pulled up and over my mouth so they'd gotten a little wadded up in there. And that was when I was like...ok...clearly it's time to actually get up instead of just fading back to sleep.

So that was my dream. There's already a couple details I know I'm forgetting - like there was this whole story in my head about why I was in that bedroom to begin with, and there was something else on the bed I moved first. I wonder what it says about me?

No comments: