Saturday, April 15, 2006

Must Fight Urge to Shop

So many things I want to buy, so little money. Was thinking of doing some window shopping today; for those who are unaware, which, come to think of it, is pretty much all of you, my shopping routine goes a little like this:

1) walk through store
2) if nothing catches my eye, walk right back out
3) if something does catch my eye, go take a closer look/take it to fitting room
4) walk around store with item in hands for about half an hour, agonizing over whether or not I really, really, really like it
5) talk myself out of it, put it back
6) think about it incessantly for the next week
7) return and buy item on a whim some random day in the future when I've convinced myself that my budget can handle it when, in actuality, it probably can't

.........yeah. I've also just found out about two books by some of my favoritest Brit actor/comedians, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. Come to think of it, I also wanted to pick up some P.G. Wodehouse. Anyways, the high today is apparently 79, so I clearly have to be outside in some way, shape or form; I just don't know if I should be wasting time popping in and out of stores or just go sun myself in the park like the decadent member of the bourgeois I am.

At the risk of making this post a a bit too scattered, there's also a number of news stories that caught my eye: check out this one about an African-American state senator who wants to re-segregate Nebraskan school districts: "'My intent is not to have an exclusionary system, but we, meaning black people, whose children make up the vast majority of the student population, would control.'" Yet the article itself states that, "The Omaha district has 46,700 students, 44 percent of them white, 32 percent black, 21 percent Hispanic and 3 percent Asian or Native American." and "...no high school is more than 48 percent black."

How bizarre.

And since I'm already all over the place: the Jays beat the White Sox yesterday. Yay.

No comments: