Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Crapping IPod

So my iPod has recently started to crap out on me. I should preface this by saying that it isn't really MY iPod per se, it was originally my younger brother's. I had an older version, and the last time I was home I noticed he'd stopped using his iPod, and had switched to a Toshiba Gigabeat. I asked him about the iPod and he said it'd stopped working, but when I plugged it in it worked fine, so I asked if I could have it (since it was newer than mine, with the cool click wheel) and he said sure.

Fast forward to now, and it's started to randomly freeze when I attempt to upload songs. Every time it locks up like that (and I suppose it could be just taking a REALLY long time to upload a song, but I don't think that's the case) I have to reset it manually and then restore the software using the iPod updater, which deletes all the songs on it. The end result is that I currently have a grand total of 16 songs on my iPod, a quick little playlist that I threw together and which I think actually took me 2 or 3 attempts before I managed to get it all on.

So now I'm thinking hey, maybe it's time for a new iPod. But then, should I get a Nano? Or a plain regular one? Would I really watch the videos if I had the capability? The availability of Daily Show episodes is tempting, but I'm that irritating guy who laughs at inappropriate times in movie theaters and tends to have borderline obnoxious/uncontrollable laughter, so maybe it wouldn't be the wisest choice. But 4 gigs is kinda sucky; my full library is a touch over 6 and I don't even have all that much compared to some people I know. Nanos are sexy, though. Skinny and white, just the way I like my women.

Yes, I'm kidding.

No comments: