Thursday, March 09, 2006

Yikes

So a power blackout fried my comp, which is why I haven't posted anything in a while. Updated book list looks like this:

1. The Complete Poems, Anne Sexton
2. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
4. Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
5. Sideways, Rex Pickett
6. The Shipping News, Annie Proulx
7. Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory
8. Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
9. The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
10. To The Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
11. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. A Thousand Years of Good Prayers, Yiyun Li
13. interpreter of maladies, Jhumpa Lahiri
14. The Neverending Story, Michael Ende
15. Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf

Looking to pick up a replacement in a week or so. Lotta other crap going on. Had a rehearsal for a Pan Asian Rep reading on Monday and have another tomorrow; the event itself (it's actually a fund raiser/reading) is next week Monday. It was nice getting up and singing with a live piano again; it's been too long since I've done that. Should really hit some voice lessons when I have the cash/time. Just got called last night to audition for some play tomorrow; they got my number through one of the people that was in the first Pan Asian show I did - this is actually the second time I've gotten a call through her, which is pretty awesome. Don't really have any other details about the show though, and I hope they don't want me to do a monologue because I don't have one prepared. Also seem to be all out of headshots. Sigh. Yet another thing to deal with when I have money again.

Been working on a piece of fiction but it's nowhere near done; I'm not even sure if I like what I have down so far, but I've been kicking the core image around in my head for a while and definitely want to get something out about it. Something to play with, especially with the weather getting nicer; just plop myself down by Bethesda and see what comes out, I suppose. Anyhoo, off to class I go.

No comments: