Sunday, March 19, 2006

World Wide Suicide

So Pearl Jam released their new single today or yesterday or sometime; you can listen to it for free off their myspace page, and apparently you can download it off their website, but I couldn't find that link. People on iTunes are mostly jizzing (pardon the French) all over themselves, but personally I'm pretty unimpressed. The lyrics are supposedly deep and anti-Iraq War but I can barely make any of them out, and the riffs aren't good or catchy enough for me to listen to it repeatedly to figure out what the hell's being said. I guess I'll just stick with Ten and the assorted other singles I have from when they really rocked. It's too bad; I really wanted to like it, seeing as how Pearl Jam is the only influential band from the grunge era still together that I know of.

1 comment:

korova said...

I have to sat I love the new song. I've been a fan since ten came out, but i have to say i prefer some of their newer stuff. Yield in particular stands out as one of their best albums. give the track another try, you might like it!!!