Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Super Hopeful

The new Superman is coming. And, like Batman Begins, all I have to say is this:

It better be good.

Perhaps it is dorky and retarded, but there is something about Superman that gets me; maybe it's the idealism, the purity of who he is and what he represents. Come to think of it, maybe Superman is every nerdy kid's dream; every kid who grows up awkward and geeky probably imagines, at some point or another, being some sort of Stupendous Man alter-ego. I really really really hope they use the John Williams theme at some point or another - not necessarily over the opening credits, but if they used it the first time Superman is fully revealed (like they did in Smallville, which I am somewhat ashamed to admit watching from time to time), that would be a guaranteed chills-down-spine moment for at least one Asian audience member. I'd write more but I gotta run; damn you, 8 am call times. Damn you to hell.

No comments: