Thursday, March 02, 2006

Reading Fun

1. The Complete Poems, Anne Sexton
2. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
3. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
4. Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
5. Sideways, Rex Pickett
6. The Shipping News, Annie Proulx
7. Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Thomas Malory
8. Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
9. The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
10. To The Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
11. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. A Thousand Years of Good Prayers, Yiyun Li
13. interpreter of maladies, Jhumpa Lahiri
14. The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

interpreter was good, but I actually liked the stories from Thousand Years better. I'd be interested in checking out Lahiri's novel. Really enjoying Neverending Story; I'm about halfway through, though I should probably slow down since I have no money to buy more books for a month or so. Anyways, here's a neat little bit that you wouldn't think to find in a kid's book:

"I wish everything would stay like this forever," he said.
"This moment is forever," she replied.

No comments: