Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Karma Smiles on Me?

So in rehearsal today the director pulls me aside during a break and we have a little chat about my availability for rehearsals and such. See, I have class from 6-10 on Mondays and 6-8 on Thursdays, which would cut into rehearsals every weekday from 6-10. So basically, he was asking how many classes I'd be comfortable missing, because he was worried it might not really work out. At this point I'm doing cartwheels in my head, but I have to kind of hedge because during the audition process (before I got my hands on the full script) I mentioned I'd be open to missing some of those classes (which I would be). So I was honest, and I said I wouldn't want to miss two classes in a row; ie, having missed this week, I'd want to go to class next week, and then I'd be ok with skipping the next week. He kind of hummed and hawwed, I blabbered some bullshit about how I wanted to be fair to him and the other performers (true bullshit, however), and how I'd respect his decision.

So maybe the universe is sending me exactly what I want deep down. I'm pretty happy with my actions, and I've decided that whatever he decides will be my cosmic message; if he wants to make it work, I'll give this avant-garde wacky play my best (and only invite people after giving them an extreme disclaimer). If he decides to try to find someone else, I'm going to rush out and donate a pile of money to the first 10 homeless people I see.

No comments: