Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happiness is...?

As the New Year is approaching, it's natural for thoughts to turn to evaluation...how your year went, how the upcoming year looks like it will be, and so forth. I've been doing quite a bit of thinking about this recently (though not necessarily due to the coming New Year, just the sort of Thoughtful Thoughts I've been having), and I've come to a somewhat neat realization.

I'm actually quite happy.

It's rather odd...this is probably the first time I've been able to say that, and it hasn't been contingent on external factors (ie, superficially happy because I'm in a decent relationship that masks any insecurities I might have). I'm happy with who I am becoming, I'm happy with most of the work I've done and happy with the fact that I'm THIS close to finishing my Bachelor's Degree (eight years and counting!). Granted, there are things (and people...well, a person) I would like to have, but things will happen in their own time and in the way they are meant to, and so long as I stay true to myself, I'm confident that everything will work out for the best.

No comments: