Monday, December 19, 2005

Which way?


Unknown Posted by Picasa

It's too bad that I forget where I got that pic from. I was thinking picturesofwalls.com, but it's not a wall so I'm not sure. In any event, it's a neat little bit of graffiti.

One of my roommates and I chatted about something along these lines briefly yesterday; whether or not we believed in the concept of a destiny. I think there's a number of different paths your life can take, but I also strongly believe that the choices we make can impact the way our lives turn out, and that it can be possible to miss positive occurrances and paths if you don't (refuse to) open yourself to the opportunity.

As an interesting aside, the mandarin character for crisis is a combination of the characters for danger and opportunity. Just a neat little tidbit to think about.

I like to think that there is no such thing as a completely negative experience. Even the things that happen that are most heartbreaking and emotionally draining at the time can be turned into a positive experience through meditation and reflection. At the same time, I say this having gone through relatively few such experiences. I like to think that when I'm faced with them (I'm not going to kid myself and type "if I'm faced with them"), I'll be able to hang onto this view, because I think it would be the most conducive to emotional growth and release, as opposed to sinking into one of those horrible depressions when you don't do anything with your life for months or years.

No comments: