Monday, December 19, 2005

Unfinished...

The wind blows, a cold wind with a secret that stops me in my tracks. It carries a hint of days gone past and days to come, and for a second I'm torn between the two of them, struggling to hang onto this moment. And then it's something else; sweetness and light, the smell of you, all around me and sweeping past me and bringing a smile to my face. I close my eyes and when I open them the wind has stopped and you are there. I take your hand and we walk down avenues and along beaches as the sun smiles on us. You ask me what time it is and I look but my watch is broken. “Look,” I say, as I show it to you. You smile and we walk on in silence, a silence that envelops us and binds us together: our happy secret, the secret the wind was whispering to anyone who would listen.

4 comments:

Mella said...

Interesting. Beautiful imagery.

Actorserf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Actorserf said...

Holy cow, a comment! And a complimentary one, at that. Thank you, I appreciate it, and am enjoying your work, as well...you'll definitely be seeing me over there some more.

And ugh for problems trying to post this comment.

Mella said...

Ha ha, yes ~ a complimentary comment! =) Enjoy your day of transit-strike fun!