Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Overheard During the Transit Strike

Click. Personal faves:

Man #1: ...Shit! Why did they have to strike during the winter? Right before the holidays, no less.
Man #2: Well, the transit guys need to get paid more and they need other things that I'm not too clear about.
Man #3: Fuck 'em! I don't give a shit what their problems are! Everybody has problems, not just them! They want more money? Well, then they should have thought about that before dropping out of high school! Bunch of lazy fucking losers!
Man #4: Hey, I work for the MTA.
Man #3: Well, then: fuck you, too!

--Brooklyn Bridge


Woman: Is this the line for the LIRR?
Man: No, it's the line for free watermelon.

--Woodside

Going to be another lazy day for me. Tomorrow I do have to head down to the network to shoot some stuff; luckily (thanks to a roomie mentioning it) I realized I don't have to walk the 80 some-odd blocks, as the Metro-North train stops at the Harlem-125th Street stop before Grand Central, which is about 10 blocks from me. I'm sure it's disturbingly crowded, but oh well. So instead of 80 blocks I'm looking at about 20 blocks of walking, which is much more palatable. And then, maybe the strike will end today.

Ha ha ha ha.......yeah, that's enough of that thought.

No comments: