Thursday, December 22, 2005

Homonyms are Cool


www.picturesofwalls.com Posted by Picasa

So I spoke to Stef very briefly today; actually I think I kinda upset/pissed her off with a crack about blondes being dumb. It's silly, I suppose. And, especially in light of the Buddhist books I've been reading through recently, I shouldn't have said it. But by the same token, I ask myself...do I really owe her an apology? I happen to be a sarcastic person, it's true. Sometimes (ok, frequently) these things slip out of me. That's the way I am, or have been, and perhaps I should try to change that; when I was reading up on INFJs I noticed that it was one of the character flaws they should look out for. Still, there's a part of me that refuses to apologize for being sarcastic. And then there's another part that says to watch my pride and quit being an ass. But then, maybe I need to be a bit more of an ass at times. I'm really tired of being the sensitive, nice guy, when all it gets you is an empty room and a lot of spare time to read. Of course, if you're too much of an ass you get the empty room because you're an ass, so maybe I should call and just apologize. But then why should I have to apologize, I haven't done anything wrong? And so forth, ad infinitum in my head.

No comments: