Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh my.

Professor guy: ...Then he was sent to Buchenwald. Have any of you visited any of the camps?
Girl: I did.
Professor guy: Yeah? Did you visit Buchenwald?
Girl: No.
Professor guy: Did you visit one in Germany?
Girl: No.
Professor guy: Did you visit one in Europe?
Girl: No, it was in America.
Professor guy: Are you talking about a summer camp?
Girl: Yeah.

--Fordham University, Rose Hill

Overheard by: Maggie B.


Girl #1: So he was like, "We found out you're allergic to yeast." And I asked, "Is that why I keep getting yeast infections?" And he goes, "No, you probably just need to be more hygenic after having intercourse."
Girl #2: Oh my god.
Girl #1: Yeah, I know. So I was like, "WTF, man? I clean my cunt!"
Girl #2: Wait, why'd you say "WTF"?
Girl #1: Because saying "fuck" would be rude.

--6 train

Overheard by: Elisabeth

(above quotes from overheardinnewyork.com)

That last one I just have to comment on, because it touches on something I hatehatehatehatehate...internet acronyms. As a pretty long time net nerd (and onetime slightly obsessive gamer), I've seen most all of them including |337 5|D34|< (and if you don't know what that is...please don't ask me, although here's a hint...what I typed there spells, "leet speak"), and they all tend to irritate the piss out of me. But what's even worse is the tendency that some people have to say the acronyms, as if they're actual, acceptable words. "lol" becomes "lawl" or "ell oh ell," "rofl" becomes "roffle," and so forth. What the hell is happening to society? THOSE AREN'T GODDAMN WORDS.

That is all. Oh, and happy day-before-the-day-before Christmas!

No comments: