Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sketchbookkid

I should have done this a bit ago, but better late than never. A friend met this girl while she was working on a mural in a cafe, and mentioned her site to me. I actually met with her while I was home for US Thanksgiving and bought a couple of her drawings; turns out she's not only quite talented, she's a total sweetie too. I wish her nothing but the best (especially because if she does get successful, those drawings I bought will totally become extra cool and have tons of street cred and be worth lotsa money).

She's got a blog that she doesn't update much and a couple other areas, one for her writing and one for these little comics she draws. I also wanted to reprint one of her poems because I really like it:

Bring your school books outside
i want to tell you about a friend i had.
i want to sit in the damp grass and wring my hands
and say "This is bullshit,
everything anyone ever tells you is going to be bullshit
especially this kind of thing
but
i mean this,
this is true."
and mean it
like i sometimes do.
I want to push the hair from my eyes in a wise way
and have you look upon me in awe
for that gesture
while i pretend not to notice
and maintain a steady level of passionate speech.
I want you to know how honestly i've felt
i want to guide you out back to tell you all the world's Truths;
because i'm too lonely and mean to seduce you with my body
and because maybe this way
you'll never happen to see the truth
about me.

1 comment:

sketchbookkid said...

awh, thanks man, that was really sweet :)
also, the comment about the boondocks... was a great compliment. i love those little guys.
take care,
-kristel